Monday, September 28, 2009

NOW, It's Fall!


The temperature dropped like a rock yesterday! Maybe our extended summer is over? My garden is done, I won't have to be running out with blankets to cover the tomatoes from frost. I want to get all the houseplants inside today, then I won't have to worry about them either. Mr. Ose hates having to haul plants in at 10:00 at night. Where am I going to put them?

Nick and Nate picked most of the apples off the tree yesterday. Now I have to do something with them. Come and get some if you want, we have plenty! I didn't spray them with anything this year, and they still look pretty good. Sometimes I use the juicer to make cider. I want a cider press, I have my best engineer on it. He should be able to make me one, don't you think?

I'm trying to write shorter blog posts (maybe with less gut-spilling), so let's get right to the recipe:

Caramel Apple Cider (Never spell it "Carmel" or I'll come find you!)

Cider
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 cups apple cider
1/2 cup water

Caramel Whipped Cream
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 Tbls brown sugar

Cider: Bring the cream and brown sugar to a boil, stir in the cider and water and heat just until the cider begins to steam, about 4 minutes. Divide among 4 mugs, top each with caramel whipped cream and serve at once.
Caramel whipped cream: Whip the cream with the brown sugar until soft peaks form.

3 comments:

Sue Nordquist said...

That sounds yummy.
What if I am IN Carmel, and I want to have "Carmel Caramel Apples"? ;)

By the way, your fans out here don't want shorter, less gut spilling blog entries! We love you just the way you are...

PNO said...

Hey...without the Personal interjection (gut spilling)...what is there to separate you from the sheeple?

Laura said...

Sounds like a YUMMY recipe. If you make juice and applesauce and all that other crap AND go to college.......you are really gonna make the rest of us look BAD. ;) For the record....I TOTALLY agree with Sue and PNO. We MUST have your gut spilling. PLEASE.