Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bake Sale

The bake/craft sale went very well, but I'm exhausted! I was up there all Friday afternoon and most of the evening cutting and wrapping and pricing. Thanks to all Mary Ann's help, I was able to feed the kids dinner. All day Saturday was for selling with Mary Ann and Stacy (preschool board member extraordinaire). After we cleaned up the church, I got to check in with the kids again. Put up my feet and watched my favorite "chick flick".

I love "Bride & Prejudice" - This is not a typo nor is it a movie starring Keira Knightly (who frankly needs to be force-fed a sandwich or something). This is a Bollywood adaptation of Jane Austin's story. Yes! The sisters live in India AND it is a musical. So fabulous, it stars Aishwarya Rai, reported to be the most beautiful woman in the world. If she isn't, she's close enough for me. My favorite song/dance is "No wife, no life". Check it out, it's all in english and always cheers me up.

So, this photo was taken Sunday morning when I went back up to church to sell......yep, baked goods! These were all the leftovers that didn't sell on Saturday. Sunday is half price day and things were flying out the door, including me. After getting chewed out by a baked good donor who didn't like the prices I was told to put on his pizzelles, I waited until everyone had purchased and either gone home or into the last service, then put a basket on the table for donations and bolted. Anyway, we made pretty good money for the preschool and the youth group. If there's anything left tomorrow morning, I'll pack it up and mail it to Keira Knightly. There were none of these killer Carmelita bars leftover, because I think they were the best thing there, but they would do little Keira a world of good.

Oatmeal Carmelitas

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
1/4 tsp salt
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9X9 inch square pan. Combine the 1 cup flour, baking soda, oats, brown sugar, salt and melted butter. Mixture will be very crumbly. Press half of it into greased pan.

bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

Let cool slightly, then sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over crust. Mix caramel ice cream topping and 3 tbls flour and drizzle over chips and nuts. Top with the remaining oatmeal mixture. You will need to break it into small pieces to cover. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Let cool completely (like refrigerated) before cutting into 36 pieces.

Double for a 9X13 pan

No comments: