Friday, December 12, 2008

Brit Things

I have a clarification: my little friend Brit had a BRATZ cake for her birthday, not a RAT cake. (but if you put a wig and lotsa makeup on a rat, who could tell the difference?).

I'm happy because today is Aloha Friday. (KQRS radio thing) Friday means "Eastenders"! This is a British soap opera that channel 2 shows every Friday night from 10:30 to midnight. The accents are very thick, the stories are tame compared to US soaps, and these are episodes that ran in England in 2001, but I really enjoy them. My guys all declare this the most boring show on TV (Iron Chef runs a close second) and leave me alone to watch (yet another reason to like it!).

I like all the British comedies channel 2 shows, actually. They have a small collection and rerun it all year. I've seen every episode of "Fawlty Towers" (John Cleese- Hysterical), Keeping up Appearances, Good Neighbors, As Time Goes By, and Are you Being Served? that they have. Most of these are very old. I don't know why I like them, but I always have.

Last Brit Thing: It seems the Britney Spears comeback includes perfume. Does it smell like Lithium or an anti-psychotic drug? Not that I can tell, it's doing a great job on my socks, though. I put all those free magazine and newspaper perfume samples in my underwear drawer. Free lingerie sachets! My grandma Elly would be proud.

No comments: