Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas with my side

We had Christmas with my side of the family at my sister's house on Saturday. We had a great time except we missed my brother Erik (still in Iraq) and his family.







Ben, Sarah (Ben and Sam's mom) Sam and Sawyer open gifts. We decided years ago to only give gifts to the kids, and it has really reduced the stress on the adults.









This is Kristine Kellet. Yep, named after me! She couldn't be sweeter. She is a big fan of "My Little Pony". Auntie Sarah and Auntie Kellet (both blessed only with boys) were tickled to buy girl stuff. Funny thing is, with a whole aisle of Ponies to choose from, we both bought "Pinkie Pie"! Kristine didn't mind having twins. They have little pony shoes.














My mom Marie and her honey, Roger.











Hubby Paul is a big Gophers fan and was (fiercely) glad that they won!
















My Mom had a good idea this year for a game. Each family wrapped a food shelf item in wrapping paper for each family member. We ended up with 14 items. These were numbered 1-14. We numbered a list from 1-14 and tried to guess what was in each one. You know what you brought, but is this sloshy one a fruit or a vegetable? We let the kids unwrap them and counted up how many we had right. We had a tie, so the tie breaker was wrapping something else from Sarah's pantry. The kids enjoyed this so much, they kept wrapping up Sarah's pantry items! Christopher won and my mom supplied a new fleece banket as a prize. Hmm.... I should have tried harder.

After feasting all day, we watched The Mummy 3. Movie review? Not so good as the first 2. The new Evie is not as endearing as the last one, the villain is not as scary as Imhotep, and there is no Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson for eye candy. sigh. When does HE have a new movie?

Went shopping with my boys today. We went to Fleet Farm. First place I've been shopping that was actually crowded. The guys wanted me to buy a birdseed cake shaped like Santa for the Chickadees. I thought that was sweet until I found out they only wanted to watch birds peck Santa's eyes out! It is going to be a long 2 weeks.

1 comment:

PNO said...

The Big Guy looks ridiculous...
Someone should tell him...