Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanks for the memories

I love Thanksgiving weekend, but it is a whirlwind of activity around here. Wednesday I worked all day setting up the preschool for the new month (new bulletin board, decorations, theme, toys, dramatic play and new playdough!) We had Sara and Jason over for pie and cocktails (it's a new tradition) I will post the pie recipe tomorrow, it's a good one. Thursday we went to my sister's house for Thanksgiving dinner. I brought breads, buns, Jello (I caved, teehee) vegetables and corn casserole. This is easy and yummy (my favorite). I got the recipe from my sis-in-law Renee.

Corn Casserole

2 cups corn (canned or frozen, don't matter)
1 can Cream of Celery soup
1 cup crushed saltine crackers
1/4 to 1/2 of an onion, chopped OR 1 bunch green onions, chopped
pepper to taste
2 tbls butter for topping

Mix all but butter, dab that on top, bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.



Friday we dropped the boys and dog off at my sister's and headed up north. This is because it was our 19th anniversary! We dated for 8 years before we got married, so we have been together more than half our lives, crazy, huh?

This will have to be continued tomorrow, I just remembered I promised to go to a Ducks unlimited banquet tonight (and I look like heck!)

No comments: