Sunday, March 15, 2009

Busy Saturday

This Saturday my sister and I took her two kids to see our mom. This is Sarah and her oldest son, Sam.


This is Sarah's youngest son, Ben. Ben is showing off his magic marker (permanent,alas) artwork.
I love 3year-olds. Especially those belonging to other people!

Here is my mom, Marie. Doesn't she look good? She is tired of waiting for her broken hip to heal. She wants to get out and go dancin'! Sadly, it's going to be a while longer for that.

Saturday night I watched "Redneck Wedding" on TV. This is a show hosted by Tom Arnold in which people who think differently than I allow a camera crew to film their wedding. Nearly all have at least one member of the wedding party wearing camouflage clothing. Saturday's episode had the bride making table decorations out of horse poop. She and her mother stuck a chunk of horse poop on a dowel and painted the horse poop red. It was meant to resemble a rose. I think it might have looked more like roses if they painted the stems green and added fake leaves
, but I'm no Martha Stewart. More horse poop was used to fill water balloons for the festivities after the ceremony. People love that. The wedding cake was shaped like an armadillo. I am not making this up! The bride specified that the insides be nice and red and gooey, to look like blood. She cut a hole in it's side before the wedding to make sure. Everyone was very pleased with how much this hole looked like a bullet hole. For some reason she bought a red dress at goodwill, (it being far too small she held it together with duct tape) and took it off at the door of the stable where the ceremony was held. I have no idea why. The outfit she had on underneath was not any better. The groom wore camo bibs.

My book is still not in at the library. I would just go buy it, but I'm too cheap to pay $25 for a book I'll read so quickly. Plus, as soon as I buy it, it'll come in of course!

No comments: