Friday, March 6, 2009

Shameless Sweeps Stunts

It's Spring break here this week. We didn't go anywhere except to the gym and out for coffee. I'm catching up on some scrapbooking and the endless job of cutting things out of construction paper for preschool. I am one of those people who often have the TV on for background noise. Morning TV is an interesting slice of life. Is it sweeps month or are talk shows always this odd?

Tyra Banks had a pregnant hooker on yesterday's show! She works at the Bunny Ranch in Vegas or something. I couldn't stand to watch the whole thing, but apparently it is difficult to be a pregnant hooker, you get tired easily. EWWW! Today she has "sugar babies" which differ from goldiggers in that sugar babies will only take money from nice smelling old men. Often entirely on-line. Who knew?

Martha Stewart has had rappers help with crafting this week. I learned a lot about Mr. "Q-Tip". Martha had him make a stained glass Q-tip container. I am not making this up. Martha is going to great lengths to convince us she is up-to-date, hence the rappers. She also exclaims how expensive everything is every two or three minutes. While potting orchids and eating paella. I'm convinced! Martha is just like me!

Dr.Phil had the "Octomom" on his show so he could publicly ridicule her. She must be nuts if she couldn't see that coming. I was not able to watch this, as I cannot stand either Dr. Phil or octomom.

American Idol is giving me whiplash. Is it on every night? The contestants are gone, they're back, they're gone again, unless they act really crazy, then they might return at some future date when ratings sag.

I think that I will need to turn the TV off before my brain leaks out my ears. I will go to the gym, listen to classical music and read a book. Speaking of that, those of you ahead of me on the library waiting list for "White witch, black curse" READ FASTER!

No comments: