Monday, April 13, 2009

Foil has many uses


Did you have a nice Easter? We did. We got all the work done, got up in time for the sunrise service and even had all the food cooked by the time the guests arrived. This is my mother-in-law, Phyllis.
She's an awfully good mother-in-law, and I'm not just saying that because she reads my blog!





This is my brother-in-law, Tim. Tim's a hard working guy and he was glad to have a day off from working in the salt mines. (Rainbow, actually)

After we ate, we had to try to fit the leftovers into the fridge. This is where the foil comes in handy. That odd-shaped ham won't fit into any of my tupperware!

After the guests left, we watched "Australia". Have you seen this? The scenery is gorgeous. And not just Hugh Jackman, although just the scene with him and the bucket of soapy water is worth the price of the rental! This movie was interesting because it had so many places it could have ended. We'd think it was over and it would start up again!




Today I got my hair done. On my head, in case you're not up on modern cosmetology, is tin foil. This keeps the bleach from getting on ALL my hair. Then I just have "highlights". As a bonus, while I'm having this done, the aliens can't read my thoughts. (They are baffled by tin foil).


See? Finished product! I look more like me and less like a frump.

So, what recipe goes with a cut and foil?








(Peroxide) Blonde Brownies

Butterscotch or peanut butter chips can be used in place of the chocolate chips.

SERVINGS: 24

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening or margarine
  • 1-1/2 cups Brown Sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.

No comments: