Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Easter, Metalmouth !




















Look! Nate got his braces on! His teeth aren't too bad, he'll likely only need the braces for a year. Little brother was inclined to tease Nate, until he found out he will be NEXT! Poor Nate is hurting a little today, but I bought some brush-on stuff at Target that he says helps. He also says it makes his lips numb, but you can't have everything, right?

My favorite (newish) TV ad is the cadbury egg one where the animals are wearing bunny ears and making chicken noises. I think the kitty is new this year, "Cluck-meow, cluck-meow"! I also still laugh everytime I see the CapitalOne viking washing himself with the windshield wiper squeegee. Worst new ad? Bacon and egg breakfast entrees for your spoiled little doggie. (The one with a better wardrobe than me). This is only going to give the dog "the runs". Do we need that? Not with company coming over.

Whatcha doing for Easter? We'll probably go to the sunrise service. I like that one. It is easy to feel the joy of the opened tomb then. After that we will have Paul's mom and brother over for dinner. I don't entertain often, mostly because I get too nervous when people are coming over. This is due to my lack of interest in housekeeping. I'm not a pig, and I don't live in a garbage house, but I'm always sure my standards are lower than yours. On the other hand, I make a terrific guest, because you don't have to do a lot to impress me! So today I'm cleaning the basement so I can move all my scrapbooking stuff off the dining room tablie. Do hardboiled eggs count as a centerpiece?

I do like to cook Easter dinner, though. We're having ham, and cheesey potatoes and asparagus and Jello eggs and some salads. I'm hungry for something lemony, so I'm making this dessert. As a bonus, it's nice and soft for Nate!

Eleanor's Lemon Dessert

1 angel food cake, cubed
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Juice of 4 lemons
1 pint whipping cream, whipped with a little less than 1/2 cup sugar

Put 1/2 of cake cubes in bottom of 9x13 pan. Squish them down a little. Mix lemon juice and milk, fold in sweetened whipped cream. Pour 1/2 lemon mixture over cake, then remaining cake, then rest of lemon mixture. Chill several hours. Garnish with leon slices, real or candy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Kellet!
I'm happy to say that we're going to Jeff's side of the family -- they are impeccable housekeepers & I am not -- so I'm so much more relaxed over there (once I've made all my kids promise not to spill anything!) Here's a quotable from someone (like me) who's not a neat-freak. "If you want to see me - just stop by. If you want to see my house - make an appointment!"
Love it!