Monday, August 24, 2009

Blah

I'm sick. The boys both got this little bug last week, and now it's my turn. Headache, scratchy throat, feeling blah. I don't want to get off the couch. (How is that different from every other day?)

We had such a great day yesterday, too! I pulled 2 wheelbarrow loads of weeds, Nate mowed the lawn, Paul fixed the hot tub, then we cooked dinner (hotdogs) on a stick, over a little bonfire. I like a little fire but I stress over whether it's totally out or not. We always have a shovel and the hose handy when we have a fire, for my peace of mind. We live right by the Boy Scout camp, so there would be lots of fuel if our fire got away from us. We sprayed the fire when we went to bed, but I checked on it when I woke up in the middle of the night. Sure enough, there were still coals, so there I was at 3:30 a.m., spritzing down the fire pit in my nightie! I wouldn't have gotten another wink of sleep otherwise.

So anyway, today I feel like heck. The boys (neither of whom whined this much last week) assure me I'll feel better in a day or two. In the meantime I have an easy recipe. Nick brought this home from FACS class (family and consumer sciences or what we used to call home ec). I'm hoping that since it's "his" recipe, he'll make it for me!

Mock Orange Julius
1 can (6oz) frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 tsp vanilla
18 ice cubes
2 Tbls sugar, if desired

Place all ingredients (liquids first) in blender and blend until smooth.

2 comments:

Sue Nordquist said...

Feel better!

Laura said...

Hope you are feeling better Kellet. I think your smoothie needs chocolate though. hehehe