Wednesday, November 25, 2009

20 years on

Today is our 20th wedding anniversary! It doesn't seem like 20 years, because actually it's closer to 30 that we have been together. We dated for 8 years before we married (wouldn't want to rush into anything, you know!)
Look how handsome Mr. Ose looks! This was taken at the Como Conservatory. I am wearing my family's Swedish wedding crown. Paul freaked when we first showed it too him because he mistakenly thought we were going to try to make HIM wear it! I still giggle when I imagine that.

It's good to know somebody has your back. I've been riding the ragged edge of panic ever since I went back to school. When my education prof assigned a powerpoint presentation I went right over the edge and down into the pit of the overwhelmed. I don't know how to do that! Even though Paul and both boys assured me that it was no big deal, it was just too much. Paul sat right next to me and walked me through it and then moved it to my thumb drive. THAT'S why I love him! (Also, he's way cute!) This week my other prof also assigned a powerpoint! What's up with that?

So, I'm thankful for my Ose. I'm also thankful for my blog readers. Julie Powell (who wrote "Julie & Julia" about her blogging on cooking Julia Child's whole cookbook) calls her blog readers, "bleaders" (blog plus reader). EEWW! I would never do that. I love my readers (both of you!).

I have found out since last week that those of us who like Glee are called "Gleeks". I resemble that remark!

This is an easy recipe that would be good for using up leftover turkey.

Easy Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas

1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup picante sauce
2 tsp chili powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken (or turkey)
1/2 cup (or more) shredded monteray jack cheese
6 flour tortillas
1 small tomato, chopped
1 green onion, chopped

Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce, and chili powder together. Mix 1 cup soup mixture with chicken and cheese. Divide the chicken stuff among the tortillas. Roll them up and put them in a shallow baking dish. Pour the rest of the soup mixture over the top, cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until bubbling. top with tomato and onion. (1/2 cup black beans can be added to chicken mixture)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been married 19, with 10 years together previous. I always feel compelled to add those first 10 years of dating on when people ask how long we've been married. I think they matter! Congratulations on your anniversary. Loved seeing the pictures. Think your blog readers need a name?
Call the bunch of us LUCKY !
Love your blogs! Keep them coming!

P.S. My junior in high school LOVES powerpoint. Maybe she's ready for college!

Sue Nordquist said...

Feel free to call me a Gleek, but please refrain from bleader...

Jay and I are also pacers. Six years together before we married, married six years before we had kids. It's good to take things slow!
LOVE the wedding photos!!!!!

Laura said...

A belated congratulations to you. I too have been with hubby for a long time (13 years before marriage and actually married for 14 years). Slow and steady "wins" the "race", right?? Gosh the 80s sure had a lot of hair!! Those were the days.......