Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random Things

Hah! I did learn something from Facebook. In an article in the Strib on Tuesday, I read that the LATEST fad is to post 25 random things about yourself on your Facebook page. Get this, I already KNEW! I knew because my techno-whiz friend Maureen has such a list on her page. Can you believe I knew about a trend? Amazing. The Strib wasn't very positive on this trend, the gist being "who cares", but I enjoyed reading 25 random things about Maureen, and I've known her for um...34 years!

Sooo, I will tell you 25 (or more) random things about me. (Did you think this is what I was already doing? Kinda!) I will not however, tell you all 25 today. Then I will run out of material and have to write more about how I'm fat, ugly and nobody likes me. We don't want that, do we?

1. I like to eat barbeque sauce on cottage cheese. For breakfast, usually.
SOME people think this is gross. You should try it, it wakes your mouth right up! This started when I was a waitress at Embers, with french dressing. See? That's not so weird, cottage cheese and salad dressing are friends. But I ran out of french dressing and substituted BBQ sauce and it was good.

2. I love "girly" stuff like make-up, but I'm not very good at it. I woke up one time and mascara was all over my eyelids. I thought it looked good, so I bought grey eyeshadow. Goes with everything. I'm pretty sure this is not how super models choose a "look", though. My sister sells Mary Kay and she always looks gorgeous. She is trying to drag me into the new millenium with the powdered "mineral" make-up. I like it, you can put it on nice and thin. Thick make-up makes my face itch.(yeah, I'm a glamour girl).I love lipstick, too. It feels so grownup to put it on. I rarely wear it though, because my mouth is big and I look like the Joker if the color is too bright (Why so serious?) I bought some of that new "beauty tubes" mascara, too. If I could have only one cosmetic, it would be mascara. This is because I am a natural (dishwater) blonde and so are my (kinda stubby) eyelashes. This stuff actually works! I had nice, long, dark lashes. It takes 2 steps to apply, though, so lazy me doesn't use it every day. Also, it does come off in long skinny tubes when you wash. The first time this happened, I was in the shower in the gym. I looked down at my shoulder (without my glasses) and saw what looked like a spider! So I screamed. (see random thing #3). The other ladies in the locker room looked at me strangely when I got out.(Like I'm the only one who screams in the shower? please).

#3 I scream at scary stuff. This include bugs and mice, but just ones that sneak up on me.

I have a beauty recipe for you:

Brown Sugar Scrub

2 parts brown sugar (smaller crystals than white)
1 part oil (soybean, grapeseed, canola)
optional essential oil for aroma

Mix and keep in a waterproof container in the shower. Do not let water get in this or you have pancake syrup. Rub on your body to exfoliate. Rinse off and shower as usual.

No comments: