Friday, January 16, 2009

I made a card!


I made four, actually, but one was so butt-ugly that I threw it away.

I have been admiring the beautiful cards that Gretchen and Laura make for years. They make it look so easy!

I already have all the equipment because there is so much overlap between scrapbooking and cardmaking and I hoard every bit of ribbon I come across.

I even have lots of rubber stamps that I am determined to use more often.

This one is a snowman rubber stamp that I colored with markers and put glitter-glue and more, more, more glitter on. Looked pretty bare on top so I remembered that Gretchen puts fiber on lots of cards. So I put on a ribbon and button. Yay! Would have been perfect If I hadn't set it down on another card's glitter glue.


This one I stamped and colored with water color pencils. Then I blended them with the water pen. Looks like a preschooler colored it. (I would know).

More ribbon and more glitter-glue.(I just bought that, it's so sparkly!)

















This one I stamped by coloring the stamp with a marker. I was pleased that this actually worked. More glitter-snow and a ribbon with a moose button that won't sit up straight.

So, this all took HOURS, the whole house is covered in glitter, I'm exhausted and all I have to show for it is 3 cards that I don't know if I can give away. How do you people do this?

I went to Archiver's yesterday. This is a top notch scrapbook/card supply store. I received a gift card for Christmas and couldn't wait any longer to spend it. Didn't take long, I can tell ya'. Should paper ever cost more than a dollar a sheet? I asked Nick when I got home to guess how much the (strangely small) bag of supplies had cost. "Three dollars?" was his estimate. I WISH! Still, it is all so pretty. Now maybe I will get caught up on my 2008 scrapbook (I'm only at May!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kellet,
I, too, have found cardmaking to be much harder than it looks. It's those super-gifted people that trick us in to thinking we can do it too. Your cards were fabulous, but I'm relating on the mess left behind & the time spent.
When I'm feeling inadequate in this department, I pull up a chair (next to a couple of preschoolers) and pull out the construction paper. This week, the kids painted the bottoms of each other's feet & palms and we made foot-and handprint masterpieces. Almost as much fun as making my own cards, half the mess, and lots of giggles!
P.S. Also, used your homemade playdough recipe this a.m. It's a keeper - and I've tried many over the years. I like that your recipe is right where I can find it - on your blog!

Kellet Ose said...

Thank you! There is even glitter on my husband this morning, it is like a virus!

Gretchen said...

Hooray Kellet!! I love your cards and I too have glitter EVERYWHERE! My husband always knows when I've been "crafting" because I will be sparkly somewhere!

Laura said...

Woohoo!! Unfortunately there is no cure for runaway glitter!! I made my Christmas cards a month ago and am STILL finding glitter everywhere. LOVE your cards!!