Friday, January 2, 2009

So, I couldn't stand it another minute and took the tree down last Monday. It was a pretty tree, but I start to hate them the day after Christmas. Plus, it was dropping needles like rain.
















Look at it after we took off the decorations! Not a single needle left! Can you say "Fire Hazard"?

















The boys and I went to the MN History Center on Tuesday.

Always check the museum pass kiosk at the public library before going to a museum like this. We got the pass and saved $15!

I liked this space capsule exhibit. It was like being in "I Dream of Jeannie"'s bottle. They showed a film on the ceiling.













This was a demonstration of horsepower. If you push hard enough, the lights go on all the way up and a horse neighs. This is apparently very cool if you are a guy. They had to do it several times.










New year's Eve we had a "Hellboy" marathon. There are 2 of these movies and they are not bad. We also had chocolate fondue.

Book review: Finally finished "Pillars of the Earth". Hated it. I have never read a book with so many rape scenes! That William needs to get another hobby. 1000 pages of raping and church corruption. Not uplifting. The worst thing is that I made 2 nice ladies in my book club read it, too! The meeting is tomorrow and I will be eating crow with my coffee. Because I have recently declared that it was my turn to pick the book because I hated the last book due to the (one, single) rape scene. The universe conspires to teach me humility.

1 comment:

Sue Nordquist said...

You really should stop getting your tree in August...haha